Another scrap engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First was avi second was mp4 from my blackberry.

The control valve featured is undergoing a rebuild so once this is done and i am off which will be next thursday I will post new vid probably on youtube as p-buck does not appear to be working for me at the moment.

Julian.

As the household controler has been busy I have been able to rebuild the control and now have a better design. The principle is two brass rods machined to take several O rings to seal and narrow sections to connect different ports as they are moved. The bottom one directs air to one input on the cylinder and allows the opposite ports to exit to exhaust. Moving the rod swaps them over. The top one controls the speed. 40psi is fed in and passes into the direction changer via some small holes. These are in line at about 1.5mm centres and are each 0.7mm dia. As the rod is moved it progressively uncovers more holes allowing mor air through. Works very well and just needs the ports moving on the next one I build. This was a trial so will remain on this engine. Now its working well the whole engine will be painted and left running to bed in better.

Hope this video works better. It is hosted on Youtube and is an AVI.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htP1ILlow_k[/ame]
Julian.

Mush betterer- thanks Julian, quite a nippy runner.

Working mighty fine, both the engine and the video, although I could see all your videos no problemo.
There seems to be a slight problemo with the near side flywheel, though. scratch.gif
It has quite a wobble. ;) :eek:

Yes flywheel has not located properly. Just needs adjustment but will be coming off to paint model anyway.

Need to make some levers to move the controls.

Julian

Latest posts

Back