Another Flame Licker Plan

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built the Phillip Duclos engine a few years ago. I lost the screw that holds the crank to the crank shaft? Also the bearing there is missing. I found a new bearing and have it coming. I'm thinking of making a graphite piston for this engine so I don't have to oil it. Any thoughts on this? I'll post some pictures when I get that far:O)

Thanks, Wes

Wes,

I use graphite powder to lube the cylinder/piston. I haven't tried it but I would think oil in the cylinder combined with the heat would tend to gum up rather quickly. Making the piston out of graphite would avoid this need altogether.

Bill

Well I made a new graphite piston for my engine. As soon as my bearing gets here I'll run it and see how it works.

Wes

David, that is absoultely fantastic. Have you made any more progress? Let us know how it goes. Ahh, wish I had a CNC mill!

Twinsquirrel said:
how did I miss this one???

IIRC you were preoccupied trying to squeeze a very large Milling Machine into a very small workshop ::)

Tis' very nice work though, .......... yes I missed the link as well :( ............. gota say cnc does have some very nice plus points 8)

Mr Morrow ........ :bow: ........... please keep us updated if you can.

CC

ah yes, I was kind of hoping you had all forgotten about that :big: :big: :big: :big: :-[ :-[ :-[

Twinsquirrel said:
I was kind of hoping you had all forgotten about that

in 20 years time mebbee :D

Just wait till Saturday ....... hope you have a large Van ;D

CC

Back