All in now.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa

Reaction score
Last weekend I made the long one half block walk to Harbor Freight and purchased my 7x10 lathe. Then got caught red handed by the wife, does this packing grease ever come off your hands? This is my first metal machining tool and I have a lot to learn, with projects on the shelf waiting for the lathe and the know how to come together to get them done. I hope to spend a lot of time this summer in the shop.

Welcome to the forum Tulsa and congratulations on the new lathe. You can get all the help you need here as far as set-up and tweaking if you need it. Wow, with HF a half block away I would be in REAL trouble :big: When you can, tell us a little about yourself, the type of projects you are interested in and such.

Regards,
Bill

Tulsa,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Don't worry much about it Tulsa, she won't be mad at you forever, but then again, she will NEVER forget it. Either way, you're pretty much screwed so just get used to it. :big:

Flowers are always nice. so I hear.

BTW: wEc1

BC1
Jim

Welcome Tulsa, from western Arkansas. wEc1 This is a great place to start. And don't forget to take lots of pictures to share with us.

Rudy

wEc1 to the Forum. Have fun with the lathe!

Vic.

wEc1 to the forum!!!

It is a great place to learn and share!!
Some of the info is very confusing especially to me since i know nothing about machining!!
But everyone is quite patient with explaining the basics!

Andrew

Thank You for the warm welcome. I'm a steam engine nut, I have an old Stuart boiler and S50 to restore and a set of 10V castings in the box. Also I need to make a tapered reamer the size for tuning peg holes for a dulcimer and the CASE 65hp in my photo lost a decorative acorn nut off the cover of the water pump, I would like to make a replacement.

Hello Tulsa, and welcome to the forum, sounds like you live in a great area. :)

Latest posts

Back