A Spanish new guy

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frandguez92

Reaction score
Hi all!! I've just become a member of this community, and I would like to introduce me to all of you.

My name is Francisco, and I'm from Spain. Nowadays, I am studying Civil Engineering at UPM, Madrid, but next year I'm going to Imperial College, London. I love modelling. I really love it. I forgot... I'm 20 years old!

So, why am I interested in model engines? My grandfather. He worked his whole life as mechanical in a workshop. I remember him trying to do an stirling engine in his free time. He made it, of course, but it doesn't runs cause he was a rough man. His skills with the lathe an drill machine was incredible though. I sat in his garage and I got amazed seeing him.

However, unfortunately, he died last week.

So I'm decided to do an engine. I think this is the moment, I've got the machines, the space, and the desire. ;)

My goal is to do an engine of about 0.6 inch^3. Do you think is possible? Will be the engine as good as to be available to put it to a rc plane?

So..... come on!

P.S: forgive me for my English! I promise you I'll improve it! :)

Welcome.... I have also problems with the English, I am from Spain but I have been living in the USA the last 7 years I saw that your English is not that bad but if you need help with something let me know.
"Bienvenido":)

Welcome Francisco! Precision mechanical modelling is a great hobby and I love your enthusiasm! I'm sure your grandad would be ever so pleased to see you continuing the tradition.

Welcome Francisco, I do envy you going to Imperial College. I am sure that it will give you an education that will last you a lifetime.

Jim

Bien venido, Francisco! You too Henry!

Sorry that you lost your abuelo, but he actually taught you how NOT to build an engine. Machine all the parts correctly, and your first, Stirling, gas, compressed-air, steam, engines will run, as designed. The main thing is to enjoy the craft.

Good luck to you both.

Frank

Welcome francisco, here a fellow spanish member.

Siento lo de tu abuelo y te deseo mucha suerte en Londres, la verdad es que yo tambien me muero de envidia por esa oportunidad.

un saludo

Latest posts

Back