A Day Out in Yarloop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShedBoy

Reaction score
Finally got to the Yarloop Steam Day to see it in action. Here are some pics for you all. Some large engines there. Sorry about the lack of info there was a couple of tour buses there and hard to get a pic at best.
PIC_00052.jpg

PIC_0006.jpg

Really liked this big end oiler
PIC_0013.jpg

You can see a cracked casting which was fixed many years ago and still going strong
PIC_00042.jpg

PIC_0017.jpg

PIC_0015.jpg

PIC_0015.jpg

More to come
Brock

This engine caught my eye because it was a throw together job literally. When I asked if it goes a bloke said stand back and I will give it a go. It looks rally dodgy but still runs, more leaks than you can imagine but it still goes. I think only because it has huge boiler supplying it. It did run though.
PIC_0007.jpg

PIC_0008.jpg

Welded on steam chest with quite poor welds.
PIC_0010.jpg

Look out for steam burns
PIC_0009.jpg

PIC_0012.jpg

The last photo I could get before it disappeared in a cloud of leaking steam.
More coming
Brock

The amount of casting patterns and core boxes at this place is amazing. Because mst of the gear came from England it took too long to get parts so they mde their own.
PIC_0018.jpg

One of the pattern rooms
PIC_0019.jpg

PIC_0020.jpg

PIC_0021.jpg

PIC_0022.jpg

PIC_0024.jpg

PIC_0025.jpg

The last one is some tiny handwheels for steam valves. The workshop there is also amazing all the belt gear but could not get any clear pics for tourists in the way. If you ever come to Perth it is worth the trip to see.
Brock

Thanks for sharing, looks like a nice days outing. I'm glad to see that the efforts of so many
are preserved here.

Regards,
Mike

Latest posts

Back