80 MPH winds at walla walla washington.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It was kind of fun to have a big storm. the town is a mess.

I did manage to get a new shed out of the deal.

storm2.jpg

storm3.jpg

storm1.jpg

there is trees on houses and cars all over town.

Wow! We have had high winds and rain here in Burley, ID. but nothing like that this year. My little windmills are going like mad right now. I need to grease one of them so It will quit squeaking:O)

Don't look like fun to me!

Stay safe!

Rick

We got huge laughs from the shed on top of our old van. that shed jumped 2 fences to come to my place.

The bright side is all the weak trees are down so it has made things safer. All the landscapers and tree men are making big money today.

But are they RECYCLING the trees or just shredding them Mike?

Wow, I want a new shed too, but I don't think this is the way to get it.

I sure hope no one has been hurt!

Mike, best wishes for a speedy clean up! That kind of deal isn't any fun. Usually after a storm like that, I end up on the business end of a chain saw, typically for at least a day.

Circlip said:
But are they RECYCLING the trees or just shredding them Mike?

Im sure the large hardwood will be cut in logs for milling if the woodcutter has a clue about thier value. most of the smaller stuff will be firewood and they will burn or chip up the brush.

The local saw mill takes brush and tub grinds it and huals it to the paper mill on the Columbia river. landscapers and tree men pay a small fee to dump it at the grinder rather than haul it to the landfill.

It will take a few weeks to clean it all up.

Mike glad to hear you weren't hurt in any of that. We had a tornado come as close as a 1/2 mile away and it uprooted trees every where. Also just as soon as the wife has uploaded the latest pics of the cabin I will post them for you.

Latest posts

Back