7x Brushless Motor Lathe Help

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sssfox

Reaction score
I could use a measurement from a direct-drive 7x lathe. If someone could help me, I would appreciate it.

I have an old 7x lathe that I have been refurbishing for what seems like forever. I am almost happy with it, except the motor doesn't have enough torque for me. I have a few treadmill motors that I think will work except I'm not sure of the belt routing. All I know at this point is the existing cover won't fit over the new belt.

I think I can adapt the drive belt cover (part number 4067) from the new Little Machine Shop 7x12 to fit. To be sure, I need the distance from the center of the motor shaft to some point on the cast iron frame. I would prefer the measurement be taken so the line between the shaft and frame is at a right angle to that part of the frame, but anything would work as long as I can reproduce it.

It doesn't have to be from a LMS lathe, just one that has a direct-drive motor.

If you have a lathe and this doesn't make sense, let me know and I will try to explain it better.

Thanks,
Steve Fox

Latest posts

Back