325.00 too hi for mini lathe?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90LX_Notch

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I have a guy who interested in my mini lathe. Its a Micro-mark with the "true inch" dials 7x12. I told him 325.00 USD and I would drive close to an hour to meet him half way.

He says I am bit high with my price. I think it's pretty fair. The ways are perfect and I've debugged the lathe to where I can single point thread Stainless on it.

the price seems fair to me for a MM that has been tweaked.
Seems to me that 7x lathes should worth more when obtain well tweaked from a careful 1st owner. The price is quite attractive in general, more so if you include tooling.

I do not have a 7x, but I'ver read a lot about them.

take care,

tom

The price is more than fair. The buyer is trying to get it cheaper if possible. Stand firm and tell him so.

"Bill Gruby"

Thanks guys. So I'm not crazy with my price. There's no tooling with it, but it's still fair. I don't want to give it away. It's a great lathe. The only reason I'm looking to part with it is I need a rotary table and I have two other lathes (Craftsman/Atlas 618).

Bob

Price is great!!!
And you are driving an hour or more to meet him!!
What more could you ask for??

Feel like a drive to Canada??
I will meet you at the border! ;D

Seems like a tire kicker to me...

Stand firm in your price.
If you put it on C-list you will sell it for your asking price.

Andrew

Your price is more than fare, if anything a bit low. Tell the guy to take a hike. For that kind of money I would keep it and leave a four jaw chuck on it so you don’t have to be changing chucks as often. You may find you will likely use an extra lathe way more often than a rotary table…More often than not the rotary table is very project specific, you need it then you don’t.

Regards… Bert

I sold my speedway mini lathe for 400 last year no chuck or tooling, now I wish I would have kept it.
My two cents worth.
Rex

I need the RT more then I need a third lathe. The other two are both Craftsman/Atlas 618s so I can just swap tooling back and forth, otherwise I would keep it.

The joke of the whole thing is I wasn't selling the lathe. I responded to an add he posted.

Anyone here interested in it? He has not gotten back to me since I emailed him that the price was fair at 325.00 and I noticed an add go up for someone looking for a bench top lathe in his area.

If anyone is interested it would have to be a local pick-up. I can meet someone upto an hour from Milford, PA.

Latest posts

Back