3 cylinder fairbanks

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck foster

Reaction score
well i got kinda bored with the 3 associated engines so i thought i would drag out the fairbanks and have a go at it :p

i started this a while ago and this is were i am at with it so far.

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2918.jpg

IMG_2916.jpg

IMG_2917.jpg

got a long way to go but i'm in no hurry cause when i go fast .............. i make allot of mistakes and i just can't afford to mess up one of these castings............ they are not expensive but if i'm not mistaken they are no longer available.

chuck

Chuck, it looks great! Why don't you want to mess up a casting??? What's life without a challenge every once in a while!! ;D

I've always liked that model

......MUST RESIST TEMPTATION! MUST RESIST TEMPTATION!!!

.......Moe, Larry the cheese! ;D

Seriously ....nice work, let us know how the castings and prints are won't you?

Dave

Man I love that engine. I've got a scaled down compressed air version on my todo list. And, yup, it will be a 4 stroke.

Chuck

Chuck,

Really like the FBM - One of the small coastal type ships I served in had one as a main engine but from memory I remember it as a 5 cylinder. Was not there long, (Thank God), but it was a real Bastard to change direction, direct drive to the prop and air start, (when it started), was sometimes exciting returning to port, but concrete wharves seem to stop most things fairly promptly.

Bob :bow:

Gee, it's not small is it?

You could whip up a little curved dash olds and stick that bad boy right in there. Go tooling around the neighborhood. Putta, putta, putta, putta....

Yeah. That's how we roll!

Very cool,

BW

I would like to find casting for this engine, any ideas ????

Thanks, Jeff

Hi Guys

Does anyone have a set of Plans for this engine they would like to sell? I would be interested in scratch building this engine. Thanks for your help .

Willy

Latest posts

Back