2-cilinder Gamma engines

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chriske

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is what my pupils made over the last months.

http://gti-duffel.be/4B/StirlingCD-2cil ... er-loc.mpg

It is the same loc as last year(own design) except this time we made a 2-cilinder version.
Same procedure, my pupils made all the parts and I did the assembling of the locs (at home).
This movie is taken during actual maidenrun of the engine, I was very pleased it got that fast during its first run. It had not even ran in.... a wopping 1000 rpm..!
To finish this one I have to mount the wheels as it will run during open-door may next on track 'gauge 1'
In the background of the movie you'll notice a second engine (almost done). That second one is a fixed engine and will be used to drive a 8' diameter ferris wheel (will also be made by my pupils, that's the idea...)

Chris & crew
GTI-Duffel (Belgium)

Thanks Brian,

And indeed we're all proud...!

Most people can not even start to imagine, but a few of my boys are even willing to come to school, to speed up things, working on these engines... during this Christmas holiday..! I'm really glad I can motivate these youngsters. (14 to 18 years old)

Héy Chriske , you live 10 minutes from where I live. Can I com too watch it?? Ore you may come too me also. I have a great collection of modelengines & a great workshop also. Send me a pm if you are interested.

Groetjes

Barry ( Hombeek)

Christie---A good teacher is a gift from God!!! When I started to high school (back when Mastodons still roamed the earth) I had an auto-mechanix/electrical teacher named Bruce Turner. He was a new teacher, fresh out of teachers college, strong on theory but a bit weak on practical. I was a snot nosed 14 year old with damn little theory, but already well experienced around engines (Thanks largely to my uncle Jim, a die hard motorhead). It was a match made in heaven!!! He was such a good teacher, and wanted to be better. I was amazed and intrigued with the theory behind automotive engines and electrical systems. Often, he would ask me to come to his "homeroom" in the period between 3:10 when the school day ended and 4:00 when the school busses left, to go over his lessons for the next day. He didn't want to say anything that might appear "foolish" in front of the class because of his lack of real world experience. I had a lot of good teachers over many years of formal education, but he stands out in my memory as such a great guy. He changed schools a couple of years later, and I lost track of him completely.

Ok guys,

The first engine is running, the second one is almost done. They're identical. This second will be used to drive a ferris wheel.
Key question is : will this work...?
This 2 cylinder runs at 1000+ rpm, the ferris wheel will make one revolution every 1 or maybe 2 minutes (maybe even slower). Will this engine have enough power..?
The first part of the speed reduction will be done with chain-wheels the last reduction will be done with worm/worm-wheel.
Diameter of the wheel is 2 meter (about 7 feet)
Drawing not yet finished.

Rad2000-3.jpg

to solve a few problems a youtube link :
sorry for the inconvenience...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVInE4VCDX4[/ame]

Latest posts

Back