1925 Model T Pickup - Restoration

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vascon2196

Reaction score
Not sure if this fits with the forum but I thought someone on here would find it useful.

The whole car is one big machine...so far very simple to dis-assemble.

Right now trying to get the rear axle off.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

Hello Chris, If you mean the whole axle assy, it is easy to disconnect the housing at the transmission bell and the axle assy will be able to be pulled rear ward. If you mean an axle to be removed, the diff must be split to remove the axle from the inside. Worked on many in my time. Good luck.
Norm

Hello Chris, If you mean the whole axle assy, it is easy to disconnect the housing at the transmission bell and the axle assy will be able to be pulled rear ward.
Norm

Yes Norm...just the whole axle assembly. It feels as if the differential is working correctly. I really want to avoid taking that apart. Thank you and more pictures to come!

Viscon, take heart several of the problems will buff Out.

Nice winter project, Good Luck.

Nice truck! Are you going to restore to original or build a hotrod?
I myself am building two cars 1971 Volkswagen super beetle sedan and a 1972 Volkswagen super beetle convertible. I love the simplicity of the Volkswagen motor and the ease of building them

Nice truck! Are you going to restore to original or build a hotrod?
I myself am building two cars 1971 Volkswagen super beetle sedan and a 1972 Volkswagen super beetle convertible. I love the simplicity of the Volkswagen motor and the ease of building them

Thanks Will....I plan on restoring it to the original. I have been cleaning and saving every single bolt, nut, and washer and re-use them again if they are still in good shape. Early Volkswagens must be very easy to work on...not much there right!

Rear axle, rear leaf springs, cooling fan, starter motor, bendix, and starter switch have all been removed!

November2015 005.JPG

November2015 006.JPG

November2015 007.JPG

November2015 008.JPG

November2015 009.JPG

November2015 010.JPG

November2015 011.JPG

November2015 015.JPG

November2015 016.JPG

November2015 017.JPG

More fan dis-assembly.

The bronze bearings looked good and still had a nice sliding fit with the fan shaft. I cleaned it all up with some Scotch Brite pads and used some new grease. I can't put it back together without a new gasket plus I'm currently sandblasting the fan parts that require it.

Fan Removal 012.JPG

Fan Removal 013.JPG

Latest posts

Back