Wobbler Improvements (Or General Improvements)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, 45PSI and 85PSI is a lot of air pressure, I would have thought that 10 to 15 PSI would have been sufficient.
Paul.
Yes, well, clearly there is lots of room for improvement. I've only built 3 sets of piston/cylinder on this project, with any luck it will run on 25PSI by revision 12. It was never my intention to build model engines ("It wasn't my intention to exceed 100MPH, Officer! I swear!) but sometimes circumstances conspire to lead us into temptation. Achieving the optimum cylinder to bore fit was the seminal problem at the birth of the industrial revolution, and just because the path is well worn doesn't mean it's any less steep. I will persevere. It will undoubtedly require careful attention to the tuning of my, uh, highly experienced lathe as well as my hamhanded operation of which, but at least now I know what the Grail looks like. Thanks for your observations.

Mileage May vary Yada yada yada........

Pat I have completed something like 10 -12 engines
My Claire will run on breath power for short periods of time.
Minikin would not even turn on 30psi the limit of my air brush compressor. I had to chuck it up in a drill driver and run it in .
my mcabe runner literally fell apart on the first run as it ran too fast on the same compressor. They are like kids you try to form them but they all have there own identity and personality.
Tin

Steam is reasonably efficient on cheap fuels, therefore steam will be with us for a long long time.

This is what I love about hot air engines (And steam now!), the avability of a source of energy. Got water and some Alcohol? Or a Candle? Well then you’ve got power. You also have a means to purify water now as well (I just thought of this now).

However, what happens when those cheap fuels run out? (But thats a discussion for another thread!)

Back