Where's zeeprogrammer?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90LX_Notch

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Whatever happened to Carl (zeeprogrammer)? He was such an active and entertaining member. I know he had gotten busy with work; but his last activity shows November 16, 2011. That means he doesn't even check in anymore. I hope all is well with him.

Zee has been traveling for work, and has been working long hours on new product developement.

I think he is getting ready to restore a 65 VW beetle.

Yeah, he has one of *THE* all-time best, "happy dances" on record. Rof} Rof} Rof}

"Oooohhhh...do your ears*ahem* swing low!!"....................

BC1
Jim

last time I was in contact with was just before Cabin Fever. He said work was hell and was traveling alot. I will put a phone call in to him to make sure everthing is ok

Dave

Hi everyone!

Firstly...my apologies for being off-forum for so long. I think about it often. Hard not to since I go into my little shop often and must endure my machines looking accusingly at me.

For those of you who care (I think there's one or two) here's what's been happening...

I haven't machined since early last year. Some of you know I ran into some medical issues. Short story...I have a stricture in a bile duct of my liver. Can be very painful when it gets blocked. Many trips to doctor. Had a stent put in with the hope that the stricture would open up. Had the stent taken out. Talked with some surgeons. No issues since but the expectation is it will come back and I'll have surgery to remove the tip of the liver where the stricture is. Not worried about that. Very happy with the information I got about the procedure if/when it happens. I feel something like a time bomb...especially when traveling.

Some of you also know my work rev'd up to the point I was working long hours and most weekends to make a show in January. Also made near monthly trips to our development team in Mexico. Made the show and got a bit of a bonus (not enough!). The show coincided with Cabin Fever so I missed that too.

Everyone was impressed with the product that they've moved up the dates for release and production. Looks like another year of long hours and weekends. But it's work and I do enjoy it (luckily).

Some of you also know I lost my brother later in the year. Bit of a hiccup and much time spent with the folks and his family.

Some of you also know I got into this hobby when my wife, T, got transferred to Belgium for a year. Well she's been back now for a while. Our routine is a good 1 1/2 to 2 hours a night conversing over dinner. Leaves little time. Even less since I'm the dishwasher.

I've tried to start a couple of other hobbies. One is a model of an airplane. Haven't worked on that for months.

The other is some woodworking. Did I hear a gasp? Did one of you gasp? Yeah...T has a bunch of pictures she wants framed as well as a couple of things made for the house. I figured it was far cheaper to buy the equipment and materials and do it myself. You know how it is...an opportunity to get some new toys - legitimately :) But the tools, like my machines, sit unused.

I fool myself into thinking I have some choices. I could retire now or ignore T. But I want to continue the pursuit of this hobby in retirement...so I must work. And I want to live to retirement...so I must attend to T. :)

One of you mentioned a 65 beetle. Yes that's a dream of mine but it will likely remain a dream. I have neither the tools nor skills (and no time!). But it's good to have dreams.

The last machining project I had started was a model of a spinning wheel. That's still at top of project stack. I just have no idea when I can work on it.

I will try to pop in more often than I have. This is the greatest forum I've ever come across and you can't find a better bunch of people.

Thanks again for everyone's thoughts...be they good or ill :)

Don't leave the 'happy dance' to me.
Try on a tu-tu. Give it a whirl.
It would do everyone some good.
Keep it clean. :)

We see thee Zee - stop being a stranger!

Good to hear from ya Zee!

Drop by more often and say hello even when life is tough......

Dave

Good to hear that you're still unbeaten, if a bit battered. Hang in there.

Just remember, nobody's last words have ever been, "Gee, I sure wish I could have worked a few more days."

Nice to see you Zee, you have surely been missed !!!
Bill

Well,

Zee work she is a too much,

Zee bonus she is a too small,

Zee wife she is Belgian,

Zee hobbies is stop ped

Zis not good at all.

Passport photo

2010_12230003.jpg

Nice to know you are still here Zee ;D

Best Regards
Bob

Hey, there he is!
Good to tell the rest of the crew "what's up", Carl. People start thinking the worst, like you burnt out,
or you've gone to the (gasp!) brown side. Oh.... Well, at least that part was T's doing.
You're going to be even busier in the spring when she has you grubbin' around in that garden, again!

I keep bugging you about this; Retire while you're still young and pretty, bud! ;)

Dean

Zee---I miss your posts and special brand of humour. I hope your medical issues resolve themselves and will be happy to see more of you here on the board.-----Brian

Carl-

I understand about life getting in the way.

-Bob

Zee
Good to hear from you. Hope all gets better. Maybe a lunch soon with Dave and Cheepo45.
Best
Stan

Look after the liver. Nothing else matters when the health fails. If it means slowing down the life, so be it. Slow is way better than stopped!

Thanks again everyone. Very much appreciated.
Yeah it was an interesting year...but I'm doing well. More than well.

The old liver is good. Problem is a bile duct.
Docs know how I (mis)treat my liver and have not cautioned me.

My little jelly jar (filled with vodka and ice) has no fear of loneliness. ;D

;D It's good to hear you're kicking high Carl - watch that tutu - just in case there's a bit of Scottish influence ;)

Been missing the references to that Jelly Jar :big:

Kind regards, Arnold

Hi Zee, look after you're self
Arnold whats wrong with a little Scottish influence
Best wishes FRAZER the one with a little Scottish influence or is that under the influence of Scotch :big:

Funny you mention 'Scottish' Arnold.

T and I will be visiting Scotland and Wales later this year.
Some of my family is from that area...maybe there is indeed an influence.

The rest of the family is from Germany. And I probably shouldn't mention it...but I've been seen dancing in Lederhosen. Hardly compares to the tu-tu I know.

Did I mention I was a runner-up in the Miss Snowflake contest in high school? It was the belly-dancer outfit that got me there. That and my ankles. Legs were covered but my shaved ankles turned some heads. And the girls were jealous of my wig. (Ankles were shaved for football so taping them wouldn't be a problem.) Get your heads on right.

Now I worry. There's more stories and I'm beginning to see a pattern.

Latest posts

Back