Water Cooled 'Hired Man' - Completed

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chads

Reaction score
Thanks for looking... Chads

DSC04456.jpg

DSC04457.jpg

FANTASTIC!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Ron

This is a truely beautiful example !!! A lovely finish and very well presented. Well done that man!!

Tim

Very nicely done! I like the contrast of colors, makes it easier to see. Also liking the satin brass look. Dave

Chads
That is very nice--I mean VERY nice. I like the satin look on the brass. Way cool
John

Chad
its a work of Art and give me pleasure just for the looking
Pete

Beautiful workmanship indeed! Running these M&B's engines is such a joy too - relaxing to behold.

Bill C.

Hi Chads,

Very nice work... congratulations!

What's the next project ?

Cheers,

Alexandre

WOW what a fabulous job on a great model just wonderful excellent work chads

slkride

Thanks for the kind words. :)

I'm thinking of doing an air cooled H&M next. Maybe the Gade or Red Wing - or perhaps a Bob Shores Little Hercules. Hmmm....

Don

I can vouch for the Red Wing.....substantial engine and a good runner.

BillC

Hi Chads

This engine is most beautiful work - very nice finishing

:bow:

Hello Don,

Just echoing what the others have said - beautiful work and something anyone would be proud to claim as their effort.

Best,
Mike

I have video of it running in the "Engines from Castings" forum but it was not painted at that time.

Don

I drilled the head bolt holes undersize and tapped them. Then I attached an aluminum block to the head with screws and installed the block into the 4-jaw chuck. Only 3 screws can be used due to the rocker arm holder. After I machined the head, I redrilled the holes to the correct size.

Don

Latest posts

Back