• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Upshur flywheels

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbritnell

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
A friend of mine does some nice casting in brass, aluminum and now some iron. When I had the flywheels cast up for Rick's (metal butcher) Upshur engines I had an extra set cast up. They are bronze. If anyone is interested they are $22.00 each plus shipping. If there is more than one person that needs them I can give you the name of the fellow that casts them. He is an old retired gentleman and is not real fast but like I said they are nice. You can see what they look like on Rick's thread about building the Upshur.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone,
George D. Britnell

Hello George,

I am deciding which engine I'll build next and the Upshur is at the top of the list. If you could give me the info on those extra flywheels I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mike
p.s. - sold the 618 on CL, fellow picked it up yesterday and I could have sold three more if I had them!

Hi Mike,
I'm attaching a PDF drawing of the flywheel. You can see the dimensions of the cast wheel on the right. This is meant to be cleanup stock to get them to down to the dimensions that I got from Rick off of the Upshur drawing. I took a light cleanup cut on one of the wheels to see if there was any porosity, there wasn't, the other is still in the as cast state. If you like I can take a picture of the one I cut. You can see the pictures of the others on Rick's thread.
George

View attachment FLYWHEEL FARM ENGINE.pdf

Hello George,

Thanks for the information - earlier you had stated an older gentleman had an extra set of these he had cast up, do you know if he still has them? If so, I'd like to buy them.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,
I have the extra set. He only cast up enough for Rick (metal butcher) and the set that I have. I'm sure he would cast up some more if you contacted him.
I didn't get the set that I have for any engine but just in case someone needed them.
gbritnell

Latest posts

Back