Totally O.T.---Outlook Express---HELP!!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Sorry for such a non mechanical post, but HELP!!! I have 1206 messages in my "inbox" in Outlook Express and for some reason I can not delete the friggin things. I highlight them all (or individual messages), then hit the delete key---or hit the red X (for delete) up at the top of my screen----or right click on the highlighted messages and select "delete" from the drop down menu---and nothing happens. Can anybody shed some light on this???---Brian

stevehuckss396 said:
Try highlighting an e-mail and then click shift-delete. It will delete without sending to the deleted items folder.

Your "Deleted tems" folder isnt full is it?

A million thanks!! Whatever was wrong, by holding down the shift key and hitting delete I was able to get rid of them all.---Brian

Empty the 'deleted items' then try again.

Then get rid of outlook express and load up Mozilla Thunderbird.

Eric

EDIT: Posted as you got it fixed. Still, the 2nd part of my advice is good.

I'm with Eric,get rid of OE and go to Thunderbird.No more problems.

I like Outlook Express, and have no desire to change to something else. Something is buggered up on my program, and I can't delete anything without holding the shift key down, however, as long as I can still delete some messages when I want to, I'm okay.

Brian Rupnow said:
I like Outlook Express, and have no desire to change to something else. Something is buggered up on my program, and I can't delete anything without holding the shift key down, however, as long as I can still delete some messages when I want to, I'm okay.

Well save our recommendations to use Thunderbird until OE requires you to hold down more than ten keys to get it to work. :) :)

Brian Rupnow said:

I'm with you. I have used it for many years with zero problems.

Ditto here, been using O/E since Win95-98 days with very little problems. Played with Thunderbird a while back, may be time to check it out again.

Did switch browsers to Firefox 3+ years ago and NEVER looked back.

Brian,

Have you tried re-loading the program from your windows disk ???

That MAY get rid of your problem.

Best Regards
Bob

My Outlook Express went totally nuts yesterday and started to "receive" about 300 old emails. I had microsoft Outlook on my computer (apparently it is a different program) but wasn't using it. So---This morning I made it my default email. That seems to have fixed everything.

First post here, I must go and introduce myself properly.

If I remember rightly there is a setting in Outlook Express that allows you to download emails from your server and either delete them from the server or keep a copy there. Its years since I used that program.

Quick google came up with
http://email.about.com/od/outlookexpressbackuphelp/qt/et_server_copy.htm

If you want to keep using express that might help with your mass download problem.

Mark

Menthol,

Welcome to our forum
smiley-signs046.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back