Today's project

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
I have been having a horrible time feeling motivated to get worthwhile shop time in . work has been busy . A good thing lots of things to fix. And I own a home and a car both good things. And they are paid for again good but lots of things to fix. a bout a week ago the radiator on the car started to leak. tried some sealer . It worked for a few days. so on the way home from work Friday night picked up a new one. yesterday felt like crud today my son and I put the new radiator in. one project out of the way.I do not like to do such projects on a Sunday. The the ox or in this case bull (Taurus) needed some healing.
Tin

Hi Tin,I know that feeling at the moment just cannot get motivated then spent all day replacing springs and discs on the car I hate working on cars and the newer they get the worse they seem to become to get the struts out you have to even remove the windscreen wipers
Hope things pick up for you in the near future failing that we could go to Harold's place and drink him dry :big:
best wishes Frazer

fcheslop said:
SNIP.....
Hope things pick up for you in the near future failing that we could go to Harold's place and drink him dry :big:
best wishes Frazer

Wish both of you guys could be here... I'm sure "lifting a glass" might help what ails you..... Hang in there Tin.

Harold

Maybe its the time of year, or, maybe its the time of man.---I'm sick to death of working on my Donkey engine. I've been threshing on that sucker for 3 months or so, and today Wife and I took the grandkids to the park and said to heck with it. Maybe I'll feel more motivated tomorrow, or maybe it won't happen until fall.----Brian

How about heading up another team built ... maybe only a few builders and a bit more complicated.

Just a thought ... :)

Pat H.

Harold thanks for sentiment. It is interesting some of the names for various brews. . Many years ago I got to try a mug of Diving Horse. A mciro brew made for the Atlantic city NJ market. the diving horse was a steel pier attraction for many years.
I am more of a cider guy. I have enjoyed a mug or two of strong bow and woodpecker while in the UK . Loacaly we have woodchuck not a bad brew.

Pat a team build would be one way to get motivated. I need to get making chips with the CNC stuff funner by the Dozen.
Tin

With gas prices heading upward I got motivated to build a cargo bike.
I liberated a broken full suspension bicycle from a dumpster and used it to extend the length of a heavy duty bicycle. The bike can be returned to "normal" as everything bolts up without welding anything. I'm working on adding the cargo rack but the bike is fully functional now. It's fun to ride too. A bike trail that runs through my neighbourhood allows traffic free bike riding except for 1/2 mile from the trail to the grocery store. I'll be able to haul a lot of stuff when it's rack is in place.

DSC00504.JPG

DSC00505.JPG

Spend my lunch hour on Thursday looking for Hose. One garden variety and one for the welding torch. I ended up buying a pair of hose a multifuel and an O2 cheaper that a single propane line.
Today we fixed a leak in the house pluming a galvanized nipple that was paper thin. It fell apart during the demo. soldered in new copper. So another bullet dodged.
Tin

I get so distracted Age Affected Attention Deficit Disorder? i hoped the project for today was wire the PWM control on the mini mill. I got the cnc desk cleaned up. Had to reorganize part of the basement cleaned up a rusty pipe wrench rebuilt/cleaned honed the brake cylinders for my sons truck, got some old tools out of the basement into the shed. . ...
Tin

Latest posts

Back