Time to resurrect an old topic

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
'Tis the time of year when engine shows appear over the horizon.

There is a local steam rally here in southwest Ireland coming up in the next few weeks and there is always a model tent. My mission is to try and persuade someone, anyone, to take up model engine building and hopefully perpetuate some dying manual skills.

With a lack of a local club, the internet has been my club, and here on HMEM I have learned a lot, even though I am ashamed to admit that I have not put much back in. A couple of years ago, Bogs was asking for the HMEM logo in a resolution that could be printed out in A4 / Letter size. Cedge came up trumps to the rescue.

So, could I ask Bogs or Cedge - or anyone else - to please let me have the HMEM logo in high res for printing so that I can advertise this site at the Inishannon Steam and Vintage Rally? Bank Holiday weekend of 6 and 7 June.

Thanks in anticipation and sorry for the long-winded rambling.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Thank you Rick & Steve for the links. I have now managed to print out the logo and it will be proudly dispalyed alongside my meagre offerings.

Gail, unfortunately I didn't see the link you indicated.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

The local vintage rally in the village of Inishannon has just taken place this last bank holiday weekend and I took a few bits from my menagerie to show to the punters.

There is always a model tent, but of the 10 or so exhibitors, only one other person had ever built a model. The others were collectors!

I put the HMEM logo in a prominent spot on my table and although a few folk were interested, it will be interesting to see if anyone joins this group as a result of it - and takes the plunge to build anything.

inishannon2010.jpg

From left to right in the picture: Pumpjack from Joe Tochtrop's castings, Uphill roller, Rudy Kohoupt's 3-Stroke Engine, Husky, McCabe's Runner, Maier Vee twin gas engine (not built by me), Double Scotch, Repelling magnet desk toy, 3 cylinder Paddlewheel engine (as described in MEB), Brian Rupnow's Slinky machine (but hand powered, and with a sign that says "Please turn the handle") and finally a Nanzy Hit 'n' Miss engine that I have part built from Bob Herder's castings.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Very nice display Dave. Hopefully the "advertisement" will generate some lasting interest, perhaps even a nfew member or two for the forum. Any more pics of the rally?

regards,
Bill

Bill

I did not take any pictures this year. This was the best turnout that I have seen at a vintage rally. There were over 50 steam traction engines/rollers, about 300 tractors, plenty of stationary engines and classic cars + the usual side shows including public dancing to an Irish music band and a fair. (The music was darn good, even if I didn't dance a jig!).

Dave
The Emerald Isle

That's a fine set of model engines in your nifty display Dave. Thanks for posting

Cheers,
Phil

Thanks Dave,

Nice display and ad for our forum. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back