Tim seymour

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi iam new i have a METEX 290 lathe I brought new and a small mill iam self taught and I am learning all the time I build a small glow plug engine which fires with a drill start but won't run on it own has good compression and will fire with a flick of the prop but won't run any idea's cheers
20230619_090325.jpg

Welcome to the forum !

You probably already know and have checked
Your engine may lack or have excess fuel
Adjust the amount of fuel around the position where your engine want the to run, adjust only a few degrees and check, ...continue until the engine runs
- The height of the fuel tank vs the carburetor is also an issue.
- Check the friction, too much friction is also the cause
- If all of the above tests and the engine cannot run, rebuild the cylinder and piston. Good compression does not mean it will be compressed enough to sustain engine combustion

Welcome to the forum !

You probably already know and have checked
Your engine may lack or have excess fuel
Adjust the amount of fuel around the position where your engine want the to run, adjust only a few degrees and check, ...continue until the engine runs
- The height of the fuel tank vs the carburetor is also an issue.
- Check the friction, too much friction is also the cause
- If all of the above tests and the engine cannot run, rebuild the cylinder and piston. Good compression does not mean it will be compressed enough to sustain engine combustion
Thankyou will try and let you know cheers

Latest posts

Back