The new guy from St. Louis!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello from St. Louis! I'm new to the forum and have been interested in building a scale v8 since I started working on cars in middle school. I, like most other beginners, lack the professional equipment i.e. Lathe and mill but I do have quite the set up when it comes to working on full size engines. I currently work as a firefighter and paramedic but I do have some limited machining experience. I worked as a tool and die apprentice fresh out of high school for a few months before the economy forced me from my apprenticeship. I will be posting another thread as well, hopefully gaining some answers to the questions I've had for some time. After lurking around for a few days, I think I've found the right group of guys who can help me!

fire_shall_fear said:
Hello from St. Louis! I'm new to the forum and have been interested in building a scale v8
I think I've found the right group of guys who can help me!

Hello Fire. You are correct about being the right bunch of guys, finest on the net.

I share your enthusiasm for the V8 engine. Hope to finish one some day.

Start that thread and ask your questions. Always happy to help.

FSF,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

"Learn or Burn"...........................saying from my USN firefighting course. Here we like to take a more gentle approach. ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back