Tapped Plate Or Whatchamacallit?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beachside_Hank

Reaction score
I’m looking for a plate, not unlike a drill size gauge plate that will have a series of tapped holes in it to do a quick and foolproof check of fastener threads. Just keep trying it in the various holes until you find the right thread and pitch. I’d like both metric and U.S. threads. Can’t seem to find it, although my not knowing what it might be called may be my problem. I know I can make one but I don’t have the time or the complete range of taps and drills to do an accurate one, I have a basic plastic template of what I need, but these old tired eyes can’t quite resolve the fits from the embossed upset threads. I have quite a collection of screws now so this is a good rainy day sorting project. Thanks.

How about this one

thumbnail.asp

http://www.threadtoolsupply.com/wall-mounted-thread-checker.html
tin

The wall-mounted model is on my "What do you want for your birthday?" list.
I keep getting strange looks at Home Depot when I come in with a bag of my own unidentified screws.

Thanks guys, went with Enco, gave me an excuse to make my first purchase with them, plus the free shipping don't hurt either.

Back