Steam Engine Book

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting the link to book, and the others on your website. very useful, only problem, too much reading to do. i should be machining in the shop. Another good book, for those interested in marine steam is "Steam Vessels & Marine Engines" by G. Foster Howell . Not so much how they work, but lots of sketches & lithographs of engines.
link is
http://www.archive.org/stream/cu31924030901817#page/n23/mode/2up
apologies if it's already in Pat's list.
By the way, how do you post hyper links(is that right?) to go direct to websites?
yours Peter

Pat J said:
This is a free Google book in PDF format.

Pat J

Well, the page opens, but I really can´t find anywhere a link to download it. I can see the title page of the book, covers of 5 related books, covers of 5 other editions, bibliographic information, and in a sticky frame, this

Get this book
AbeBooks
Alibris
QOOP
Amazon
Google Product Search

Find in a library
All sellers »

OK, I believe I might be able to buy it from one or more of the vendors, but I was thinking of a free pdf download... So what am I missing/doing wrong?

Click on "Steam vessels and Marine Engines" at the top of the screen and you will be brought to the download page.

Dave

Ehh, can´t see any such text...

capture_08112010.jpg

Thanks Pat. I just switched my internet access from dial-up to WiMAX 4G and decided to see how fast this 20 meg doc would download - about 1 minute. Wow! Thanks to Microwave technology and Google books. Looks like a great addition to my steam engine library

Cheers,
Phil

Wow Pat, thanks - that is quite a list and has some real rarities that would cost a fortune to buy.
Is there an exam later? John

Gee, my list had about 15. Lots of new titles here. What are some of your favorites?

Cheers,
Phil

John, I have heard it said that do to various copywrite laws in other countries the download on google books doesn't work outside N. America. Not even sure it works in Canada.

If anyone knows more about this maybe they can enlighten us, as I could be all wrong.

Ron

Pat, bogs, peatoluser, others,

I'm getting all the downloads OK. Links are working fine.

Pat, a karma point to you for providing us steam buffs with a great resource. :bow:

Cheers,
Phil

Ron & Peatouser,

Many thanks for the info and link, I can now download a few bits 'n bobs.

Phil,

It seems that Ron has got it, the US are keeping all their 100 year old secrets to themselves.
It seems only US members can download from Google US.

John

Phil,

It seems that Ron has got it, the US are keeping all their 100 year old secrets to themselves.
It seems only US members can download from Google US.

Bogs,
Ironically, many of the "secrets" we are protecting seem to have originated offshore ;)

Cheers,
Phil

If the author is long dead, and the publisher went out of business in 1936, then WHO exactly is being protected by the 'copyright'?

What a magnificent collection of books. Oh my goodness. I'll have to live to be something like 300 to read it all!

;)

Latest posts

Back