Southern Pacific Daylight Video Reference

Help Support HMEM:

Zeb

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm hoping to (someday) build a live steam Daylight. References have been difficult to gather, so I took a trip to get some video. This is raw video without sound (out of focus in places, yee be warned!). Hope a fellow modeler might find it useful.

H. K. Barrows

HMEM Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hello I had the good fortune too Know MR Dick Preast he built a11/2 scale with cars too sit 4to 6 people . Little Engine of Lomta CA. casting .Regrettable long gone.The engine was oil fired steel boiler rolled and beaded flues I helped to reflue the boiler in 1965 after 15 yrs. of lots of steam time. He was a LA Live Steamer. I think if you look around the live steam community, Live Steam magazine you might find some Old timers that might know where it is. I drove it many times what power. I saw pictures of model and the full size superimposed hared to tell the difference.Good memories Best Regards Red

Reactions: Zeb

Zeb

Reaction score
Nice. It's great to have experienced guys like you on here. Would have been great just to have seen it.
I'd like to work on a G-scale Daylight someday for my garden. It'll have to have a lot of non-stock looking components in it. Dan from Dan's Loco works has a nice rideable one. So many projects though! I need to get my steam yarder done.

Latest posts