Solid Edge 2021 community edition install file

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee webster

Reaction score
I would like to install SE community edition 2021 on a second computer, but I have lost (deleted!) the installation file. SE has moved on to edition 2024, it's not very friendly. Any ideas? I have searched the net and Siemans website, but no luck.
Lee

Hi Lee
I was just talking with my Solid Edge reseller on Fri. We talked about the community edition among other things.
He was saying that it has not really changed but they did "re-do" the interface. It may be worth it to give it a few days and see if you can get used to the new look. I have been running SE for almost 20 years and whenever they change the GUI it pisses me off but I get used to it rather quickly. I say give it a try.
As far as finding the old version, I am not sure if you can still get it , unless you find somebody that has saved it.
I am running the full version.
For what it is worth , I am still running the "ordered" environment, I could never figure out / get comfortable with "Synchronous"

Best of luck

Scott

Thanks Scott. I have re-installed SE 2024 and will have a go. I thought I would like the synchronus enviroment because I am used to DesignSpark Mechanical which uses something similar, But I prefer ordered too.
Lee

Latest posts

Back