Snow and cold

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc1955

Gone
Reaction score
It is snowing here again and the wind is a blowin. We are suppose to get 6 to 10 inches with zero visibility.
Here is a link to a web cam I set up in the front yard you can see the weather in good old North Dakota.
North Dakota web cam

That sucks. My brother and sister inlaw are on their way to Minot today for Xmas with her family. Sounds like they will be in for some crappy roads.

Right now I'd hate to be on the road around Jamestown the visibility is not good and getting worse.
The yard camera is pointing southeast and out of the wind so it looks better than in the wind.

Doc, I think I'll keep that web cam as we will be getting your conditions later today or tomorrow. It usually happens that way.

We are getting freezing rain now so put the snow on top of that and we'll really be in for it for awhile.

Looks like a lot of shop time coming up.

We lucked out were suppose to get freezing rain but it skipped over us. Matter fact we have gotten much snow out of this so far just blowing around the stuff that was already on the ground.It's suppose to hit us the wost tomorrow thats when we are suppose to get 6 to 10 inches with this wind. That camera is kind of out of the wind and pointing south east.

My brother and family are stranded between Fargo and Valley City. Their alright though, the motel has a water park and restraunt. :big:

Matt

There was a 100 car pile up just west of Fargo they just announced it on the local news.
The interstate highway is closed now they should stay where they are because it really looks bad here.

I just noticed Norton ran a scan and took my camera of line I put it back on. Every time Norton does a scan it stops the camera and I have to restart.

Shoot, I have been working outside almost all day. I can deal with single digit temps but when that wind starts blowing its time to go inside. It don't seem like were getting a lot of snow, but it is blowing around like crazy. We left work around 3 o clock when my beard was completely frozen over.

Kel

Well looks a lot better out there today. It is cold though I need to get in gear here and get the snow cleared from the drive (to make room for the next batch) it's not a lot shouldn't take long. It's suppose to get bad again this afternoon. I did restart the cam so it is back online. Arv hows Brainerd doing they were saying locally that you guys were going to get the brunt of the first storm. We are suppose to get the worst of the second storm.

Doc, we kinda lucked out. The bad stuff went north of us. It rained and then slowly turned to a wet snow. It quit about 10:00 PM and the wind blew real hard but it was wet enough so it didn't drift. I think we got about 4" of hard crusty snow. I just got done plowing out my 3 driveways with the Bobcat. I pushed the snow back far enough so I have room to start all over again tomorrow.

I just looked at your web cam and it looks pretty windy at your place.

-22 C here in Winnipeg but fortunately no snowfall. I'd put up a webcam but the picture would look just like yours. :-(

It's staring to really get nasty again. I live out on the edge of the north side of town. And out here it is getting hard to see again. Fortunately it blew hard enough that very little of the stuff stacked up in my drive. I think it is just starting to snow here it's hard to tell with every thing blowing around. Those trees in the back ground of the cam are only across the highway maybe 300 or 400 feet away so as they fade away you can tell how much is blowing around.

Well it snowin again and coming down pretty good. If the wind picks up it will be a mess \. Temp just above zero and suppose to get well below tonight. I really don't mind the snow but I hate the below zero stuff!

My front yard cam.

Sound like a brutal week ahead...I am just south of the Twin Cities.

Doc, is your cam working? I can't get a picture. It came in good a couple weeks ago.

Yes, this winter weather is a real annoyance. Why, when we ate lunch on the patio at the marina today, the temperature was only 74. Simply appalling.

putputman said:
Doc, is your cam working? I can't get a picture. It came in good a couple weeks ago.

It is now Norton shuts it down when it does a scan. I reactivated it.

Not really too cold here in Cleveland Ohio. I went out side several times to have a cigar wearing my usual tee shirt and shorts.

Its been about 20 to 22 degrees Fahrenheit all day. I just checked and it cooled off a bit with the temp down to about 16F. Maybe I'll throw on a light jacket next time I go out for a smoke. Eh, probably not.

The temperature here is really nice and comfy, I only wish it would snow a little more. It been snowing lightly for about the last two weeks, but there hasn't been enough accumulation to make me real happy.

Well...I'm off to have a cigar. :)

-MB

Latest posts

Back