small pulsejet (works)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deatharena89

Reaction score
this is a small pulsejet designed by me..it produces around 2pounds thrust..This is the cheapest pulsejet engine you could make it costs around Rs.50..i will post the video tomorrow because i forgot to take my cellphone with me..But here is the engine pictures.

here is the plan..
here is the video..

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8DayliTRx8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

qwwe.jpg

Hey that is really cool. I gotta make one seeing its in my buget :bow:

That's the sort of thing I just got to try - how about a bit more information on how it works, how do you start it etc. - a tutorial.

What's the vacuum cleaner for ?

Ken

as I recall, a pulsejet requires initial airflow in order to start.

- Ryan

Your design is nice and simple, most other ones I have looked at require a lot of cones and or valves. This is going on my project list for sure, these are great for bugging the neighbours :big:

Are the dimensions shown on your drawing ID or OD? Also what is the wall thickness of the pipes?

IronHorse

Now that is neat! As Ken said - more details please!

k everyone here is the details you asked from me about the design and starting the engine..

all dimensions shown in the plans are in cm..
all dimensions are as per ID not OD..
there can be + or - 0.2cm difference in pipe diameter..
But i will give you the dimensions in inches because in market they sell pipes in terms of inches only not cm..

7.62cm= 3 inches
2.5cm= 1inch
3.2cm= 1.25inch
65cm= 25.6inches
now the design part is over..let me explain you about the working of valveless pulsejet engines..

refer fig 1 to know about the working of valveless pulsejet engine..

refer fig 2 to know how to start a valveless pulsejet engine..

refer fig 3 to know how to place the fuel pipe into the intake and fix the spark plug..

The main use of blower is to supply fresh air for the engine to start..
for further details you can reply me..

Note: all pictures were done by me in flash 8..
note2: use a minimum of 5kg propane cylinder..

explain.jpg

explain2.jpg

e3.jpg

fuel sss.jpg

Back