Introduction

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerald Pierce

Reaction score
I am a new member from Asheville, North Carolina, USA. Asheville is in the mountains of western North Carolina. Previously, I lived in New Orleans, Louisiana. Elevation of my home in Asheville is 2,600 feet. In New Orleans it was minus 10 feet.
I am now retired.

I purchased my first lathe, a Maximat 7 in 1970. Still works very good after 49 years. Later I added an
emco FB-2 mill/drill and a Cowells ME-90 lathe. Since parts were no longer produced for the Maximat 7 and I believed it would not last very long I purchased the Cowells when I retired. The Maximat 7 still runs good and no repairs are currently needed.

I made a few Stuart Models other stationary engines. These were purchased from Coles' Power Models, a great supply company, however Coles' was sold and currently not in business.

I have included a video of my Worthington Duplex Steam Pump . Castings and plans from Coles'. I made the pump and boiler. The first video was made on my deck. This is one of my earlier phone camera attempts.
The second video was made in my shop.

Gerald Pierce

To view the first video, click on "Watch this video on You Tube"
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back