Slitting Saw

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1hand

Reaction score
Anyone ever stacked 2 slitting saw blades together to get a desired thickness you didn't have? Would this work?

Matt

1hand said:
Anyone ever stacked 2 slitting saw blades together to get a desired thickness you didn't have? Would this work?

Matt

Yep, done it many times.

Thanks buddy. Part is all chucked up ready to go and no 1/16 blade. So, sitting back and enjoying a cool one and the light bulb came on that I have 2- 1/32th blades. Hate to :redface2: the part up if it didn't work.

Thanks Matt

Matt

Some guys have used the 4" carbide trim saw blades and had good luck.

Hal

1hand said:

Matt

You can stack them but I don't think its a good idea if they are hollow ground slitting saws, like mine. This means that just the tips are wider than the body of the blades. The tips of the teeth could interfere and damage each other if one or the other shifts. Is your saw arbor keyed?

Screw slotting saws are not hollow ground and might be safely stack-able. But I'm not sure.

Check your blades with a micrometer to verify this.

-MB

003-11.jpg

The blades aren't keyed, but are the same thickness through out.
001-15.jpg

002-12.jpg

Here they are stacked up. Looks good to me? I think it will work. :hDe:

Matt

Latest posts

Back