Simon from California

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smfr

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hi folks!

I'm a British expat, now living in the California Bay Area (Sunnyvale, to be more specific). I've had a fascination for model steam since I was a kid, and finally got my own lathe/mill in February.

5483122797_b8219029fc.jpg

It's a 1962 Emco Maximat, with extra head for milling (and extra bed, if anyone wants one!). Over the past nine months I've been building up my tooling, doing some practice casting kits, and fixing up a Stuart Beam I got off eBay.

I've recently started to participate in the forums here, and have already found them full of incredibly useful info, and awe-inspiring photos of people's work. Once I've gained a bit more experience, I hope to be able to contribute back!

So hi all!

P.S. I hail from Stratford-upon-Avon, so greetings to all the West Midland builders!

Simon,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Here are some more up-to-date pictures of the lathe:

6319057306_475c6f7a61.jpg
6319052534_66d96bd4d8.jpg

I fitted the emergency off switches, and find them very useful to know that things are disabled while threading, changing tools etc.

The big box on the wall to the left is a solar system inverter. After bolting the stand into the concrete floor, I found I only had about 1.5" of clearance between the belt cover and the inverter :eek:

Simon

Hi Simon, welcome to the forum! Nice looking Emco.

Hi Simon!

Welcome to the forum!!

Looks like a great bit of machinery you have there!!!

Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

Andrew

smfr said:
Hi folks!

I'm a British expat, now living in the California Bay Area (Sunnyvale, to be more specific).

Half Moon Bay till the traffic got so bad in the bay area that I moved to this Great Northwet area some 25 years ago.

Welcome to the forum

Robert

Welcome Simon.

Check out the Team Build ... good way to get started.

Pat

Hi Simon.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum. It's only problem is your "to do" list will require several reams of paper.

Hi and and warm welcome,

nice looking set up, you are going to have lots of fun with that baby,

Kind regards,

Smuttley
:)

Latest posts

Back