Signs for Shows

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bogstandard

Many thanks to everyone who helped me in my quest for good logo shots and ideas on how to use them.

Steve (Cedge) came to my rescue big time, and has taken Shreds ideas a stage further (picture choice was not done by me, so don't be offended if you are not on there, they were chosen to show the diversity of the engines we make).

Rick (the copyright owner) has also given permission for the images to be used to advertise the site.

Here are the reduced sized images, the normal ones print lovely onto letter sized paper.

logo1.jpg

logo2.jpg

logo3.jpg

I will pop the normal sized versions in the download section, so if anyone is displaying at a show, they can print up a couple of these to advertise the site.

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item41

John

Absolutely lovely! Though there aren't any shows around the islands I know about, I think printing one out for my shop would be a nice bit of decoration.

Best regards,

Kludge

Looks good, though I miss the bit-of-tree-branch finger-engine ;)

You are showing that, right???

Yes Shred,

That will be amongst the mottley collection, but it is getting a bit ricketty now, the green wood has dried out and a few of the string joints have loosened. I will have to use a bit more boy sprout ropework on it.

Bogs

I Love It!

What a wonderful compilation of achievements.

I don't know who made the choices of what engines
would be on there, but I do think the choices were good.

Beautiful work to all involved!

Rick

Rick
I'm the guilty party. John dumped the selection job on me, like a cowardly curr...LOL The images were chosen pretty much at random. from those Shred had used. and the need to fit available spaces as it all came together. I hope no one will think I slighted them in the process. John needed the work rather quickly so I picked what fit easily and got it all off to him so he could edit things if needed.

Thanks for the kind words

Steve

Rick,

I forgot to give Steve a big public thank you for his efforts :bow: :bow: :bow:.

You can now see where his artistic flair comes from when making his one off engines.

I actually gave him instruction on not to put any of mine on there, because they will be on display. But as usual, he cocked it all up :big: :big: :big:

John

Great Idea !!! And so well done too. I will definitely be printing one for our upcoming Cotton Ginning Days old engine show here in NC in October. As an active member of the sponsoring organization, I keep trying to grow the number of exhibitors displaying model engines. Thanks!

Bill

I get to go see the full display on Saturday ;D So will see the newly printed sign too.... I'll let you know how it hits you on first approach ;)

You hear that John.... early Saturday I'll be there to see you...( No idea what time they'll let me in.... I'll have to sleep at the gate I suppose :big: ) I want to see how your models brighten up some kids faces ;D (old and young kids that is ;) ) I've never been to the show before, and my sister lives 5 min's away from the show ground!!! Shame on me ::)

Ralph.

Ralph,

Gates don't open until 10am. But if the weather is fine, get there early, if it is raining, welly boots are the order of the day. By 11am last year there was a 30min queue to get in, it was even worse on the Sunday.
Don't expect too much from me this time, I haven't had time to do anything, it will be one mad rush on Friday just to find all the engines. I wanted to make some display stands, but I can't get to any machinery to make them, so again this year, it will just be a cloth on the table, and a big helping hand behind it.

So much to do, so little time to do it.

John

I've been doing a little printing of them myself.

I sit here and watch HMEM evolve and develop and find myself
a little overwhelmed by the speed that this thing has grown.

Just over 1 year ago, it was a one heavy industry machinst trying
to make a place to learn how to better work on a very small scale.

Look at us now!

These posters tell our story better then any words ever could.

Rick

No worries John, it's the engines that will capture the eyes of the many not the display stand!.... Unless wood workers are on site!! ;D

I'll be there... I have a covert plan.... I'm staying at my sisters overnight! saves the A41 traffic in the morning ;)

I'll be able to walk down if the weather holds... If not the brolly and boots it is!

You'd better have your overalls washed, I'll have the camera :big:

Ralph.

Back