seattle area, just getting into it

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Kyle

Reaction score
Just picked up an old logan lathe with a plethora tooling, books, ect. I'm full of questions about machining in general. I have no experience, but i love metalworking and figure machining is the next step. I'm also curious if anyone here knew j. Schiller, who's lathe I now have. Apparently he was quite the model engine machinist.

Hi

Welcome to the forum. I live a little south of you in Mossyrock WA. I have been modeling for about three years now and love it. If you would like to drop in to my shop for a visit MP me.

Mark T

It's good to know that there are people in my area. I'm hoping to establish some connections to keep me motivated. I'm not sure model engine building will be my thing but the lady I bought my lathe from gave me a ton of model engine building books so I figure I'll start learning there. Who knows where it will lead me.

Sir,

May I suggest the machine shop videos on Youtube by a guy with a handle of Tubalcain.

He's a retired shop teacher. I've found his videos very helpful to learn this stuff.

...Ved.

Latest posts

Back