• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Russell saw mill drawings in 1/12 scale

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbritnell

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Gents, I just finished a set of drawings for a Russell saw mill in 1/12 scale, 1":1'. I built the original many years ago to go with my Case traction engine. For display I had a Stuart double 10 hooked to it and it would cut .75 cedar lumber. The blade is 4" diameter by .050 thick. The belt drive has been upgraded to a miniature toothed belt and the lumber outfeed system has been refined. If anyone is interested email me for particulars.
gbritnell

SAWMILL1.jpg

SAWMILL2.jpg

Wow, what a brilliant job you've done! I used to work in a sawmill myself so this is pretty cool, although we had fairly late generation machinery, nothing quite so non-oh&s approved luckily as these types of saws. I'm curious as to what inspired you to make it as opposed to the usual fare of engines?

cheers, Ian

I built a Coles 1" Case traction engine many years ago so I built a Case baler, water wagon and the saw mill to go with it. The idea for the Russell saw mill came from a set of Audel's engineering books. I made a complete set of drawings for it in 1" scale to fit the traction engine.
For anyone interested please contact me directly at: [email protected]
Thanks,
gbritnell

Amazing work. :bow: That variable-speed drive system is really interesting.

My snow blower had that kind of variable speed drive. Didn't think it would last. It was still working after 13 or 14 years when the motor quit! I'm a believer now.

Nice job on the saw mill. I am building a Stuart No. 9 with a Stuart 504 boiler at the moment and have been thinking about what I would like to run with them. This looks very interesting, will send an e-mail.

John

Latest posts

Back