Rotary Tables

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Interesting,

I have a 6" vertrex RT and a backing plate which takes both my 3 and 4 jaw chucks and my faceplate. The backing plate was the 1st thing I made for it and it is a rare, (for me), occasion when I don't transfer the chuck and workpiece from the lathe to the mill with RT and back again. I have probably used this combo at least 100 times and I have only used the RT table itself once. :eek:

For my way of working I would not be without the ability to transfer the chuck from lathe to mill.

Each to their own.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Vic,
On another forum today, it was claimed that HBM is the designation for RDG's Indian made products.
Ned

Vic,

That is a slimline rotary table, and is used when you don't have enough throat on your mill for anything else.

All it will ever be is a rotary table, as a dividing plate set up is not available for it.

We had a bit of a discussion about it over on Madmodders many moons ago, and it didn't fair too well.

Bogs

Bogstandard said:
Vic,

All it will ever be is a rotary table, as a dividing plate set up is not available for it.

Bogs

Ah, thanks for the heads up on that Bogs I didn't think about available extras for it!

Vic.

Latest posts

Back