RC engine carb mods

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragons_fire

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking trying to use a model engine carb for my first glow engine build. I ordered one of these to use, and its not here yet so I havent had a chance to play with it.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__13048__ASP_FS61AR_Carb_Assy.html

I am looking for ideas to shorten the needle valve assembly on the left side, and the throttle assembly on the right side.

Is that the low speed screw on right side under the throttle arm? My engine wont be spinning a prop, so a shorter needle valve wont be a safety concern. I am considering cutting a hex on the needle valve so its short, but i would be able to use a nut driver to adjust the settings.

Hello Dragon
I do not understand exactly what you need to know
but maybe this picture can help you.
Carb. on the picture is for ASP 21 engine.
Kadora

2014-01-11-749.jpg

Thanks for th pic Kadora,

What i am trying to do, is shorten the main needle so that there is as little as possible sticking out of the main body. The throttle lever is good where its at, but i would like to shorten the idling needle too, so that it doesnt stick out from the carb body.

The carb is going in a spot where those could be in the way of other parts, so i would like to shorten them as much as possible, and possibly figure out another way to adjust them such as a screw driver or nut driver.

About the only thing you can do to that carb is shorten the main needle as indicated above. Some carbs are smaller than others. You might check around. What is the applicaition? Do you really need a two needle carb? An air bleed type will be much smaller.

Latest posts

Back