Pre-bent brass tube source

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
On one of the forums I visit, I seen people mentioning someone who sells pre bent sections of small diameter brass tubing. Whoever it was had 90 degree bends available. I need a couple of pieces of 9/32" o.d. +/- brass tubing with an approximate 1/32" wall bent 90 degrees for the induction system on the twin cylinder engine I am building. Now I can't find the post about it. Does anybody have a link to this information? I can probably bend some myself, but if it's commercially available, I would be interested.---Brian

Since I have received no answers on this forum, but have found a solution elsewhere I will post it here. I went to my local auto parts store and purchased an 18" length of 5/16" outside diameter copper-nickel brake line. This stuff is "made to be bent" without kinking or collapsing. I did use a small tubing bender, and my 90 degree bends were fantastic. No kinking nor collapsing, it takes silver solder with no problems, and it polished up to a shine that looks exactly like polished brass.---Brian

Since I have received no answers on this forum, but have found a solution elsewhere I will post it here. I went to my local auto parts store and purchased an 18" length of 5/16" outside diameter copper-nickel brake line. This stuff is "made to be bent" without kinking or collapsing. I did use a small tubing bender, and my 90 degree bends were fantastic. No kinking nor collapsing, it takes silver solder with no problems, and it polished up to a shine that looks exactly like polished brass.---Brian

Great solution Brian, I often need short tubing bends and always have trouble with copper collapsing on short bends. I really enjoy your posts!

Jim

I have bought these bending springs but after bending pipe i was not able to slide spring off from the pipe .
Not happy with this tool.

RC Guy--nobody in Barrie sells that type, and I didn't want to wait for a mail order to come in. They do work good for thinwall tube.

Back