Oil pressure

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt-jaysey

Reaction score
Hi all, quick question to the guying running 4 stroke engines. What oil pressures are you running for the main gallery etc around 30psi or different?

Not all engines have oil pumps. Some internally oiled engines use a splash system. When my 302 was first put together it had about 25 lbs. of oil pressure. With many hours and wear I doubt it has anywhere near that now but as long as it's feeding oil to the bearings it will probably hold up just fine.
gbritnell

Not all engines have oil pumps. Some internally oiled engines use a splash system. When my 302 was first put together it had about 25 lbs. of oil pressure. With many hours and wear I doubt it has anywhere near that now but as long as it's feeding oil to the bearings it will probably hold up just fine.
gbritnell

Hi,
Cam Milling.
Just a word of thanks.
Here is the history. Trial cut cam for Nemett-Lynx Engine was quite acceptable though some improvement needed. My second and third and fourth attempts were many steps backwards. See expert advice thru YouTube and came across your post. Your video assured me that I was doing it right. Something gone wrong somewhere. Traced it to the not so secured quill. M.I.C. HSS end mills are not good for cutting Silver Steel.The DIY DRO required some fine tuning too.All these fixed and all went well with my very first good cam. For insurance,I spent $40 on a quality 10mm Tungsten Carbide for backup to the M.I.C. Carbide End Mill which is so far so good.

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

Latest posts

Back