Not snail mail any more

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bogstandard

I had an email sent to me yesterday morning at 4am, to tell me some large bling items for my Goldwing had just been despatched from a US supplier.

At 3pm in the afternoon, I had a call from the carrier to pay the necessary import duty.

The items are being delivered this morning (hopefully).

Good going, methinks.

Bogs

BTW This was the second time. They lost the package the first time they tried it (some delivery driver is now running round on a very blinged up Goldwing). Good ol' UPS.

Yes John,
The world is no longer as large as it was.

If you order from WNT cutting tools at Sheffield before 5:00 pm they will guarantee delivery next day before 12:00 noon anywhere in the UK.

Doesn't sound too grand until you realise that everything they stock comes overnight from Germany.
Makes you feel a bit guilty when you run out of 2.5mm drill and order another 10 ::)

Reminds me of an experience I had back in the pre-email days. I had bought a set of 1/16" number stamps off a local agent, set turned out to have 2 x no. 3's and no number 2. After about three months of no result from the agents I wrote to the address on the box - posted it off about 11:am on the Monday - in the Friday mails I had my no.2 stamp, along with a 'with compliments' card.

Great big goody box arrived 11am this morning.
Everything in perfect condition.

Bogs.

Another winter project.

Latest posts

Back