No engines yet, but it might happen...

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky961

Reaction score
Greetings to all from Ontario, Canada

Although I'm not creating engines yet, this looked like a friendly place to share some of the work that I've been doing into the wee hours of the morning when I should have been sleeping, so I decided to sign up and start snapping some photos.

Here's a link to the images (use the menu on the left to navigate the galleries):
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm185/sparky961/Metalworking/

As a preview, here's a picture of my latest project (more in Metalworking/CNC/Z-Axis) - a Z-axis retrofit for my Craftex B2229.

PHOT0016.jpg

Have a look at the "Miscellaneous Parts" gallery for some of my recent and not-so-recent creations. The adapter plate to go between the rotary table and 3-jaw chuck was one of the first projects I undertook about 4 years ago with this machine. It's a real pain to get it centered, but it works.

I've learned a lot since then, and I hope that by crawling out of the basement and into some online communities that I can learn and share a lot more!

-Brian

It seems more folks are building home made CNC's then ever. I saw one today on youtube that looks fun.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6drMZqmyXQc&feature=related[/ame]

Mike:

Unfortunately, I can only watch YouTube videos at a playback speed of 1 second per minute (yes, that's the right order). Wireless high speed is going to be where I am soon, but I'm not sure if I'll be here to take advantage.

Regardless, it's an interesting concept judging from the initial few frames. Although, not quite as rigid as I'd like a machine to be.

I tend to over-engineer things a bit though. My latest use for cast iron pipe was to build a MIG welder cart. Rock solid, and heavy as a rock!

Latest posts

Back