Nice Surprise

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b.lindsey

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Not sure if it was the heat, use, or just one of those things but my 6 gal. shop vac up and died this past Monday. Worked fine Sunday, and then on Monday...nothing, nada, zilch...just that fast, and with a big mess on the floor and workbench to boot. After taking it apart I traced the problem to the on-off switch and checked the shop-vac website to see if a replacement switch was available. Unfortunately, all they showed was the complete motor assembly with motor, switch, cord, etc. Figuring it was a waste of time, I none-the-less emailed their support department in hopes of getting a part number for probably a $3.00 switch rather that a $30.00 motor assy. or worse, $45.00 for a new one at the big box store. I carefull filled out the on-line form and not remembering the actual purchase date, I told them it was more than 3 years ago (beyond the 3 yr. warranty period). The next morning I had a return e-mail saying that it would be covered as under warranty, and that they would send me a complete new motor assembly. Honestly I couldn't believe what I read... all I had asked for was a $3.00 switch at my expense. They said it would take 7-10 days to ship. Anyway i got home today to find a Fed Ex box from them containing the replacement motor unit and as a bonus, the new one has a 12 foot cord rather than the std 6 foot cord. All this in a matter of 4 days. I have no affiliation with the company but this type of customer service deserves a mention...so here's a shout out of appreciation to the caring customer service folks at Shop Vac...thanks!!!

That's great news, Bill.

It's always nice to hear there are still companies that stand behind their products and step up to provide the best customer service possible.

Always nice to read about a good company that is willing to go the extra mile. I've always thought forums like this should have a section listing companys that members had a very good experience with as I firmly believe that good companys should get good reviews when possible. A section listing negitives for a company wouldn't work due to various laws and no matter how good the company the odd person will have a problem.

Pete

now thats service with a smile. good company good equipment good service = im coming back

Back