Newbie From SW Florida

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ogaryd

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! After nearly 300 hours of reading on your site I thought it was time to introduce myself. My machining started in high school in VoTech, then an apprenticeship at Firestone T&R Co. in Akron, OH. 33 years ago I moved to florida and started an automotive business. Now I have time to play with my toys, a 12x36 Enco Lathe and Mill Drill. I recently completed a LTD Stirling designed by Jan Ridders and a Stirling '60' by J. Jonkman. I am very impressed with this website and the wealth of information that I have gotten from here. I am currently working on hit and miss I.C. engine by David Kerzel. I look forward to visiting your site again soon. Thanks......Gary

Welcome! This site is a lot of fun and educational as well.

Mike

Gary,

wEc1 aboard ... hope to see and read about your projects. th_wwp

Pat H.

Welcome Gary. Indeed, pictures of your sterlings and a work in progress on the Kerzel would be most welcomed!

Bill

looks like you are well on your way with this hobby. looking forward to pictures of your work and shop.
tin

Thank You, everyone for making me feel welcome to your forum. Gary

Welcome! As it happens, I just now arrived in SW Florida (from Ohio) for a week's vacation ;D

Hi Gary wEc1
The Kerzel has gracefull, lovely lines and is one of my favorite Engines, but the Governor is a little tricky
I found it helpful to leave the Crank a little long on that side and gave myself more room for the lock out lever by making the bobbin wider.
I for one would love it if you were to "post as u go" on the build
That gives us all a feeling of participation rather than just looking at a photo of an engine someone has made.
I loved making the Kerzel and I'm sure u will too. th_wwp
Pete

Latest posts

Back