Newbie from Liverpool.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelammy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Bluelammy here . ;)
I would just like to introduce myself as a new member of this website.
I found this site yesterday while browsing the web and just had to join up.I have over 25 years engineering expierience done mainly in orthotics,which for those of you who dont know,is a branch of medical engineering, splints calipers etc.
I have made a few simple model engines in the past and have always been interested in steam engines.my first engine was given to me by my mother who used to work at meccano liverpool.
I have recently been given a small unimat lathe and cant wait to get started.Any tips on easy model to start off on using this lathe will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the forum Bluelammy.

You'll soon find out that this forum feeds on pics. Got any of those engines you mentioned? (The members also seem to need questions...they love answering them.)

I just started the hobby a few months ago, so I'm not qualified to suggest an appropriate engine. But I'm sure someone will help out.

Welcome
I have only been here a little while and decided to go the hard route, designing an engine thats too small to work on :idea:
There are a bunch of engines here to be tried in the plans section.
I wouldnt know which one to recomend, that should be to somebody with more experience. :)
-B-

Welcome to HMEM Bluelammy.

Rick

Welcome Bluelammy. Best advice I can give re selecting an engine is to troll thru' the various designs, here and elsewhere, until you get one of the lightbulb moments - you know, when the thing reaches out to you and you say 'Hey, I can do that'!

Bluelammy,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Back