New Year Resolution---Put back tools where they belong.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news, the gnomes released the 1/8" spotting drill. Now if I can convince them that I can get along without the 6" dial caliper that disappeared a few days ago.

Good news, the gnomes released the 1/8" spotting drill. Now if I can convince them that I can get along without the 6" dial caliper that disappeared a few days ago.

Hi The Other Gus,

Today was a good day. No lost tools.

When drill,tapping and reaming,tools get lost.One trick worked very well today.
I put up a blue magic fence and it kept the Gnomes away.No tool loss.

Eclipse Scriber still missing.:wall::wall:

IMG_1358.jpg

Finally, after being held for more than a month, the 6" dial caliper was released unharmed.

It was on top of my tall toolbox, which is right next to my lathe, someone piled some new shop rags on it, but it wasn't where it should have been, neither are the rags, multi-meters and Diesel Engine Catalogues.
Guilty on both counts.:(:rolleyes:

Now if I can locate the missing battery drill and pancake compressor.
Not giving up hope.
GUS(the other GUS)

Missing things in my shop also. Lost a ignition points file, bought a new one, lost the new one, found the old one. At least now I have ONE to use.

Missing things in my shop also. Lost a ignition points file, bought a new one, lost the new one, found the old one. At least now I have ONE to use.

One of the easiest ways to find a lost tool is to buy a new one, almost always works.:wall:

One of the easiest ways to find a lost tool is to buy a new one, almost always works.:wall:

Hi GUS from Gus Teng,

Found my long lost favourite DIY centre punch while clearing up the carpentry tool drawer.The Eclipse Scriber is still missing.

No time wasted for far to locate misplaced tools. Turning and milling been smooth with the" put it back where it should be.

Incidently while fishing five days at sea in faraway Burma,I misplaced nothing.
Just came back,the catch was good.

Going back to Burma again in March .Now building a totally new design/concept Rod Holder with Rod lift/tipping and rod swivel for this coming trip.Will post in my thread when done next week.

mcostello - reading your note made me chuckle.

Can't count the number of times I've gone through that same lose/buy/find cycle myself.

SOS SOS SOS.

While in the process of final fitting up and fine tune New Rod Holder,the Gnomes sneaked up on me and stole
my 4mm Tee Bar Allen Key. Will buy one today as standby.
New Rod Holder has features to Swivel,lift/tilt rod making it very easy to boat fish.No longer need to remove rod
from holder.Will post catch cunningly with Gus standing next to rod holder.

IMG_1599.jpg

The stories above are why I own an estimated 20 or so measuring tapes. 10 years after moving house I got around to seeing what was in some boxes that were packed away about 15 or so years earlier, and found numerous things I'd forgotten I owned, along with another 5 almost new measuring tapes! I now have them lined up like soldiers on the shelf!

I bought some dial indicators for my mill, some were cheap chinese ones and some were second hand US ones such as Starret, but all were no good, so I spent the last 2 months off and on trying to find my mint Mitutoyo set, which I found when I moved some stepper motors on my desk, it was hiding right there on the desk in front of me the whole time! And I'd turned the whole shed and storage areas apart trying to find it!

cheers, Ian

The stories above are why I own an estimated 20 or so measuring tapes.

cheers, Ian

I feel your pain. This has to be my most lost tool! :eek:

Recently I bought a 3 drawer tool chest which I put on my bench top and put them all in it (not up to 20 yet!). Since then have not lost one but I am sure it is only a matter of time! :confused:

Othe Gus, Are you saying there are SHIP GNOMES to worry about too???:eek::eek:

Hi The other GUS.

Just taking preventive measures. OH They are vicious.My mate's rod,reel and S$500 Rod Holder nearly ended up in the sea if for Gus hanging on to it for dear life.(Truth. A 70kg shark took the bait and took off like a rocket.The clamps were badly designed):wall::wall::wall:
With my latest or even the very first had G-clamps clamping the from side of rod holder base.;););)

Gus Teng

After losing my 4mm Tee Bar Allen Key at home,I am not taking chances.:cool::cool:
The New Rod Holder is G-Clamped to my computer desk to prevent Gnomes stealing it. (Truth. Fine tuning holder););)

IMG_1600.jpg

Latest posts

Back