New Guy in Las Vegas

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xo18thfa

Reaction score
Hello HMEM. I've been studying this board for about a year and am totally amazed at the quality and complexity of the work you guys do. Truly wonderful.

I am into live steam. Built a Stuart Turner 10V, 10H, and #7. Also like to build Gauge 1 live steam and have 2 designs by LBSC done. Currently working on a single cylinder oscillator.

Got into steam in High School. One day my metal shop teacher caught me turning a "bong" in class. He gave me the choice of building him a demonstration engine or going to see the principle.

The shop machinery is an Atlas 6" lathe, a Grizzly mill/drill and a Sievert propane-air torch set for boilers.

I did 23 years in the Army. The wife and I stay home and live the simple life.

Thanks, Bob

Bob,
Welcome from another Las Vegan!

I have seen your posts on MyLargeScale.com and hoped to see you over here!

Post up a build log of your loco. It is a noteworthy project and I am sure a lot of members would love to see it!

Regards,
Sean

Bob,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Another Bob

Welcome to the forum Bob.
Someone mentioned a loco. I'd love to see pics too.

Welcome to HMEM, Bob! Wouldn't mind seeing some pictures and a build log on that oscillator! I'm revisiting oscillators as a possible future project. Seems like there is always room for some new innovation in air and steam powered engines!

Chuck

In Vegas also...could use the advice from an experienced builder...

Martin.

Bob,

Welcome aboard. wEc1

I appreciate your service protecting our country.

th_wwp

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your work.

SAM

Latest posts

Back