Mills Brothers 1.3 Mark I

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatiR

Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

I saw Metal Mickey's post on his Mills Brothers 1.3 build quite some time ago and was inspired to try my hand at it as I had the MEB issue with the plans. Here it is on a display stand. i just finished a test bench to try to run it (probably next weekend). I got the mineral oil, kersosene and am waiting for ether to mix up the fuel. It pops nicely when the prop is flicked so I am optimistic.
I followed the plans closely for the Mark I version but decided to invent my own carburetor configuration based on the Mark II version.

Best regards, Mati

P.S. kustomkb:

I was going to do some pics of the Hoglet cylinder heads but I lost the light - will have to try again. I like to use mostly natural light beside a large window but the darn clouds thickened up after the Mills photos.

Mills1.jpg

Mills2.jpg

Mills3.jpg

Mills4.jpg

Nice - In general most Diesel fuels include some ether as well! :)

That is one very nice looking engine :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

rickharris said:
Nice - In general most Diesel fuels include some ether as well! :)

Hi rickharris:

Zero for reading comprehension ;D - I am waiting to get the ether. Thanks for for the compliment!

M.

Very very nice.

The pictures look great. Have you run it yet? Any plans to put it in anything? What issue of MEB?

Eric

Hi Brass_Machine:

The plans are in the first issue of MEB Vol. I, Issue 1, March 2006. I haven't run it as I am still trying to get some ether; a colleague at the university has some to spare, but she has been away for a week and should be back this week. I don't plan to put it in anything, just like building stuff.

M.

Latest posts

Back