Mill 33

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paolo

Reaction score
Oh good, I was hoping you'd toot the whistle too!

Very nice!

BW

Nice engine Paolo. Can you tell me about the engine? What is its bore? Who designed it? Are plans available?

Cheers,
Phil
Lancaster, PA
USA

I have to give some answers ... The engine is an Elmer's engine depicted on chapter 33 of his book. The plans are easy downloadable from any Elmer's Yahoo Group or from John Tom site. Plans for the boiler, steam valve and regulator, by Michel Niggell, were found on the John Tom site, and the stand, using the proportion of the original boiler, had been designed by me looking at page 136 of the most useful book MAKING SIMPLE MODEL STEAM ENGINES. Originally I used an Alcohol burner but the smell was not so good consequently I had to modify it for using the most comfortable gas. The Gas burners are home made using a project who Steve Bodiley, kindly, sent me. The whistle is a ghost…I’m still working on it I decided to buy one for a few € for speeding up the presentation of that gift to my soon David…but it don't work well.

Hi there Paolo!, great job you did there, where in Rome do you live?, I live in San Giovanni Valdarno, Arezzo

Giles

Sorry gentleman...FINALLY an Italian steam enthusiast.....I live in Rome on the south
Near EUR suburb...If you like feel fre to sent me a private message.

Latest posts

Back