Mile High Greetings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBore

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello people,

As a kid, I lived a couple of miles down the road from the Northern Illinois Steam Power Show and Threshing Bee site. I was always fascinated with the Steamers, large and small, and the putt-putts. The BBQ'd pork chops weren't bad either.

I did a career in the Army and one in Biomedical Technology. I was 18 months into my third career, at the phone company, and fell off of a telephone pole. Broken back and 17 other fractures so now I am retired with disabilities (but I can stand in front of a lathe for hours Thm:)

I've been a woodworker for 30 years and an amateur microscopist ( I identify wood species from microscopic slides that I make ) and a wood collector for a few years (897 species) I have a 500 sq. ft. wood shop and a 200 sq. ft. laboratory and I obviously need a metal shop. DUH!

I've been lurking around several sites for a few months and I think you all have the place to be, so here I am. No metal lathe or mill yet. That will happen around March or April. I want to start with a 9 X 20 or so and I like the Super X3. That'$ why I will have to wait until $pring! Until then, I'll look 'n learn and pitch in when possible. Really looking forward to this. I've gone "Monkey Nuts" with all my other hobbies so why should this be any different? Thanks for what you all have taught me so far. It is appreciated.

Ed

Welcome Ed, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Hi Ed,

Welcome to the HMEM forum.

Chuck

Hi Ed,
Welcome Aboard. You know the drill th_wwp
Tony

Ed,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome aboard Ed, always nice to hear from new members. Rule No:1 is it's all about having fun 8)

CC

Yes Ed, welcome and also remember Rule Number 2, which is ... see rule number 1!

Cheers mate, looking forward to hearing more from you. Im new here as well, I spend most of my time reading, watching, searching old posts and can vouch for this site being an absolute goldmine (also people here are very much into sharing).

Enjoy the ride...

Artie

Hey welcome Ed glad to see somebody else from Co. I Live down in Pueblo there is another guy from Pueblo that hangs around his handle is Ozzie46 fell free to ask any questions that you have somebody will always be here to answer any that you might have Cliff.

Hi Ed,

Welcome to the bright side!!!
We call the nasty brown stuff "The Dark Side"!!!

May the swarf be with you!! ;D

ps: see you on the dark side...

Welcome to HMEM, Ed.
We are slowly, but surely getting the I25 corridor populated with engine builders.
Gail in NM

Latest posts

Back