Mid-East Ohio Model Engineering show

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonGinger

Reaction score
I think Im going to drive down to see this show this year. I understand its Oct 23.

Is anyone else here going? Any suggestions on a hotel?

I expect to arrive by noon on Friday, then leave Sunday morning and drive to Ames IA to help a guy with some CNC machines. Anything I should see along the route to Ames?

Hi Ron,
I'll be there so I hope to see you. It's been a small show the first 2 years, nice models but small attendance. You know what they say "the third time is the charm". I hope so. My wife and I are staying at the Baymont Inn. We were there last year, not bad. There is also a Comfort Inn and a Holiday Inn I believe. Ron Colonna and Dale Detrich usually show up.
As far as heading to Ames, Iowa. If you go west on I-70 from Zanesville you could take in the Wright Patterson air museum in Dayton. Other than that I can't help.
It looks like you have a long trip ahead of you.
Safe driving,
George

I also plan to attend. Like G said, It's a small show but seems to be growing each year. I like going because it is 6 months from the NAMES show. It also allows me to see my Ohio friends more than once a year.

Ron Clark and I plan to be there again this year. Small show, but I've always really enjoyed it.

I've stayed at the Hampton and found it a good place. This year we are trying the Holiday Inn Express.

Regards,

Chuck Kuhn

I will be there as a vendor. We are a distributor of the following:

Wilesco, Boehm, Jensen, PM Reasearch, Liney Machine, Sherline, JET Equipment, Heilscher, Mamod, Stuart, Wiggers.

We have a few Karsten items, Some Eitech (building sets) and several other assorted items.

I will also bring a limited number of items from our side products as well which include:

Reutter German Porcelain (tea sets), Hacker - Electric foam RC.

If there is something you specifically want please let me know and I will try to bring it.

You can check our website at www.modelmachinist.com

This will be our third year as a vendor at this show and it is always a good time even though it is smaller than others we have been to.

Stop by and see me. My name is Doug (AKA Jadecy - phoenetic spelling of my son's initials)

I made it to the show, and enjoyed it very much. I sat right between George Britnell and Steve Hucks and got to talk with and examine the models of each. Brillaint work by each of them.

George was selling 2 sets of plans, for his V twin abd a 4 cylinder. I got to scan througt them, and the great CDs of photos supplied last night. I wont get to do any serious work with them until I get home in a week. But they appear to be as nice a set of plans as any Ive ever seen. Thanks George for a fine piece of work.

The show was mostly gas engines, I suppose because they dont supply air the steam guys either dont come, or bring gas engines.

It was great to hear them all run, Ron Colonas Offy is always a thrill to hear.

It looks like the Snow engine is the hot new item, I think there were 4 of them running, and one built to 60% scale, not quite finished but a beautiful piece of work.

A fine show, small, few vendors, but lots of very good models.

The show was great!!

I found that the number of exibitors was up from last year. The first year 1/2 the hall was used. This year it was 7/8 full. At the current rate of growth, The show will out grow that building in a few short years. Exibitors paid $6 to get in. Peanuts in my opinion. I would drive 5 hours and pay 6 bucks just to see George's 302 Ford rev up again.

If anybody is building or thinking about building George's V-twin, you need to go see it in person. I have seen the video and i have to tell you, the big sound comming out of that tiny engine cant be conveyed on video. That little bugger sounds 3 feet tall. I was totally suprised when I heard it.

The whole 2 day's talking with other builders (too many to list) and swapping ideas and helping each other out was awesome. I got to help Gary Davidson work on his Snow that suffered from ignition problems. What a piece of machinery! Turns out it needs a tune up.

Can't wait until NAMES so I can do it again!!!

Thanks for a great weekend everybody!!

I had a great time also. Zanesville is a small, friendly, high quality show that is definitely growing.

If you haven't attended, put it on your calendar for next year.

Regards,

Chuck Kuhn

Always a great show because of the great people! Thanks to Paul and company for putting on a fun friendly show and thanks to all who brought there models and shared there experience.

Hope to see more folks there next year!

Latest posts

Back