Meet Isis

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artie

Reaction score
Some of you have seen her before but it wasnt a good pic. Shes recently molted and had a huge feed of mice so its taken a few weeks for her to calm down a bit.

Her interests are eating mice, sleeping, sleeping, sleeping and catching up with HMEM and sleeping.....

03042010181.jpg

03042010188.jpg

03042010183.jpg

Yes, thats my arm and my new laptop. She belongs to my 22 y.o. daughter. You have to have a license to keep reptiles in Aus. In the menagerie there are 5 snakes, the most exotic of which are 2 olive pythons but they are only babys at about 3 metres long. They grow big enough that they eye humans off as possible food sources...... You all know how big Kangaroos are? Heres an Olive hauling a dead one out of the water to eat...
olive.jpg

Isis is a Centralian Python and shes a desert snake normally. She is only a baby and can grow to a few metres long when fully grown, at present she's about 2 years old and decided tonight that she likes me again.

She only has very small teeth, not enough to really hurt you when she isnt so happy, but she will grow.... and so will her teeth... sadly... we wont handle her when she is a large snake...

Its weird isnt it.... I come off a rice farm and snakes are common on the paddy bay banks, theres no room to go round so you just kick em off into teh water and they swim away... no one in my family is worried by snakes, as you can see, some are even keen on them....

Cheers and Happy Easter all....Artie..

Beautiful creature, Artie. My wife and I used to raise/breed Corn-snakes in our basement, cross breeding the different color and pattern variations was a hobby. This was back in my working days and the hobby became too successful. The demand for all the different colors was getting to the point that we had to stop. The decision to "hang it all out" and quit our day jobs was too scary.

We sold our stock and to this day are amazed at the market for the little critters. At the end we had 400 snakes. Should have seen our mouse bill every month. :eek:

Ed

Not to be too pedantic Artie, but that 'lunch' looks more like a male wallaroo to me.

tel said:
Not to be too pedantic Artie, but that 'lunch' looks more like a male wallaroo to me.
I was going to suggest a Rock Wallabie. About the size of the ones I saw out at
Alice.
...Lew...

You could be right as well Lew, the colouring and the tail are wrong for a kangaroo

Hi Ed, I must say firstly that these guys arent my first choice of pets.... however Isis is pretty ok. tonight she struck me and drew blood and struck my puppy too. Puppy missed it all as it was just a blow to her. Isis is a pretty small snake. I have a small spot to show for it, all good...

Sorry for the late replies, Ive been away for work and just gotten home.. Guys I dont know how you would judge the size of the carcass as there are no indicators for size and the colour of the carcass? Its wet, how would you know.... but if you say its something, I wouldnt argue, I wouldnt know... I dont know how you would.... good luck..... the original pic said its a kangaroo, it might be a wallabee, it might not ... i dont know. Anyway, its Big snake.... we are waiting for them to be too big to handle... then..I have no idea.....

No doubt about that Artie - it's a big snake, but I think that ??? would pull 'im up even so. As to the ??? I still have my money on a wallaroo - and I'm probably the only ex-professional macropod wrangler you know. (also snake wrangler, wombat wrangler, koala wrangler ...the list goes on)

Latest posts

Back