July 4

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, Happy Birthday from your cousins Down Under Thm:

Cheers
Phil

To all from USA

You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks Bob. You're right. A special memory I have is when I lived in Champaign, IL. Several neighborhood blocks get a parade up every 4th of July and go round the park. Lawn tractors, red wagons with little kids in them, bicycles all ribboned up. Lots of places do the same thing. A special day that ties us all together.

But I can't help myself...I just can't...
Maryak said:
You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.

Uh no dear. I'm being patriotic. I'd be a traitor to lose weight now. Rof}

Sorry sorry. If it offends...please delete and send me a nasty.

Much and all as I would like to claim the credit for the earlier post they are the words of Erma Bombeck.

Erma Louise Bombeck (February 21, 1927 – April 22, 1996), born Erma Fiste, was an American humorist who achieved great popularity for her newspaper column that described suburban home life humorously from the mid-1960s until the late '90s.

Best Regards
Bob

Best wishes for the day from me as well - turkey hangovers or not! ;)

Well.....

I'm a day late and at least a dime short, none the less,

Happy 4th of July to all my neighbours in the US of A.

Joe

Latest posts

Back