Idea of super-cheap super-strong ignition

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelS

Reaction score
We have here in Czech Republic many of Vietnamese flea markets, where you can find small "flashlight" paralysers, that contains - one 9 Volt battery, 9 V -> X00 V converter, HUGE capacitor, trigger circuit and finally powerfull high voltage impulse transformer.

I think that these modifications must be made to make it into ignition: Make the trigger circuit switch-controlled. Mount more "power-proof" transistor with heatsink. Power it with 6 volt lead-acid battery charged from dynamo. One lead from transformer ground, the other connect with HV wire to spark plug.

And BANG! You have cheap ignition.

Warning!!!: The capacitor is ALWAYS charged with high voltage! Short it with screwdriver and measure the voltage before doing anything!

Are you having some Vietnamese markets in your country?

MichaelS said:
We have here in Czech Republic many of Vietnamese flea markets, where you can find small "flashlight" paralysers, that contains - one 9 Volt battery, 9 V -> X00 V converter, HUGE capacitor, trigger circuit and finally powerfull high voltage impulse transformer.
Something else for the scrotes to play with.

MichaelS said:
Are you having some Vietnamese markets in your country?
Not in Ireland, at least not in West Cork.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

MichaelS

Welcome to our forum wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

We have 'Stun Guns' here.. some will throw a 2" spark. I've never tried one for ignition though.

Welcome Michael,
wEc1 th_wwp they are manditory
Tony

Thank you, i am new here and i am looking for inspiration to complete "Marfusa project", my first engine, which is on my profile photo. Now i must try to make a working head for it. Just two valves and "CM-6 like" M10x1 plug hole, but my "trial head" making on drill press failed :( but i will continue trying until i make it right or run out of 40x40 steel bar ;D

I did not tested it yet, but when i come to that market, i will buy it. I have Soviet magneto, but it's HUGE and ugly BUT it makes very nice spark for just like 10 degrees turn! Here is the photo: http://maxi.klfree.net/ftp/technika_pokusy/ulovek-burza/SIMG0854.JPG Here's more in "pokusy" folders http://maxi.klfree.net/scry/index.php?v=list&i=0&p=technika_pokusy

Hi MichaelS
Welcome on board!!! wEc1
Here, in Italy, there aren't Vietnamese flea markets....But A LOT of Chinese flea markets... *club*
Best regards
Paolo

Latest posts

Back